Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Engagement Photos

Engagement Photos
Polaroids: $70
Photographer: Free (Maid of Honor)
Digital Camera: Borrowed

With the assistance of my co-Made of Honor and her boyfriends sister's camera, Brian and I were able to take out engagement photos on the cheap. We decided to take the photos in a digital and Polaroid format. Because our wedding will be in our backyard, we thought it would look nice to pin the Polaroids to our clothing line to go for a more country feel.

I had a hand-me-down Polaroid camera so all I needed was film. When I went online to see where I can purchase Polaroid film, I discovered that the company went out of business several years ago. There is one company, however, that still makes Polaroid film call The Impossible Project. I called several stores and found a small camera shop in downtown Portland that carried The Impossible Project film. A pack of 10 costed $28 so I only purchased three packs. The man at the store warned me that when the film ejects, it must be covered from light within 4 seconds otherwise the photo will become distorted.


When we took the photos yesterday, I was ecstatic. We used the small box the cartridge came in to put the photos in the moment they ejected from the camera. Unfortunately our efforts were wasted. All thirty of the photos were distorted in one way or another (and not in the intended polaroid way we were hoping for). The images were either too washed out or partially developed. The photos shown here are the only somewhat usable photos... out of 30. I tried to clean up one photo (left) but it did not do much. We are going to stick with the digital shots we had taken which we will be getting back later this week!

1 comment:

  1. You have quite a lovely theme. Country style is always a trend! And I definitely love your picture with the chickens. It was simple but very unique. Sad to know it didn’t work well with your Polaroid camera, but for me, it looks a little vintage. I hope you share your wedding photos too! Best of luck and congratulations.

    Isabel Cabrera

    ReplyDelete